Saturday, May 19, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine!

I think we are pushing our luck with the sunshine these days....but I 'm not complaining! It has been wonderful all week and just makes you smile:).......and smiling is a good thing! Speaking of smiles..............yesterday the Hubs and I took our first kayaking lesson. Did I mention "Fun!" Oh ya baby! I've been in a kayak before...years and years ago when I was a mere child, when they were made of birch bark and flipped faster than you could yell "man overboard!" So my "Mother's Day" gift this year was kayaking lessons, and the Hubs didn't want to miss the fun so he signed up too! He wasn't disappointed! The lesson was only three hours but that was long enough to get a handle on things. Annie and Tyrone from Alpha Adventures were great tour guides and instructors. Lots of tips and information and very knowledgeable when it comes to kayaking and different types of kayaks. So now we are on the look out for some kayaks. Of course I would like a colorful, pretty one! So do they make those?

Our lesson started at the crack of dawn.........well not really....... the crack of 10 more like it! But it was still coldish, and I was thankful for my hoodie, but I really needed gloves as my fingertips were cold.

Sitting on the inside of Poise Island,
 having a few paddling instructions

Instructor trainee~Tyrone

The Hubs~looking very relaxed

Annie~Tour Guide~Instructor

~"Moi"~

The Hubs and "Moi"

***Lots of Starfish***
Yes kayaking was lots of fun and I look forward to going out again. Today we are off to see a Rhododendron Farm with my brother, sister-in-law and mom and then for lunch. Wonder what plants I will come home with? Hope your weekend is great! Ciao for now! Lets keep smiling sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment