Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Wednesday


So here it is Wednesday and it's still very cold. And better yet, it isn't suppose to warm up till next Wednesday. I might just have to bite the bullet on the weekend and bundle up head to toe and just get out and run! I have been running, only in the luxury of my basement on a treadmill in shorts with a fan and a 50 inch television.....I know but what's a girl to do. Certainly can't just sit back and wait for winter to be over with.

I made this huge batch of gingerbread dough on Sunday afternoon but I am not impressed with the recipe, for one it had too much molasses and I think too much flour. Anyways, the whole batch minus 15 cookies went south! So not sure I will attempt that again cause that's the way I am, if it doesn't work the first time, then to heck with it all together. So now I'm onto truffles, I think they may interesting, not because I like eating that sweet stuff I just think it will be fun. so I checked out Sears and the red tinsel tree last night, and the price is dropping, so I will hit them up this weekend to see if it will come down anymore. I said to myself last night if it's still sitting there then it is meant to be mine, and the price was marked down even. So I 'll go in there again tomorrow and have a peek. If I didn't think it was so darn cute I wouldn't bother but well that's the way it goes.

Steve is beginning to show signs of going stir crazy.....he doesn't like being stuck in the house. The deer have been roaming through the back yard and one of these days I will get a picture of them if it isn't too dark out.

So I hope the splendor of the season isn't starting to get you down with all the pressures of baking, cooking, shopping and decorating, remember to take time for yourself,sit and enjoy the beauty of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment