Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Irish blessing to you

As the day comes to a close, I have found that there are not enough hours in the day to finish the things I start. But before the day is over, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! There's a little bit of Irish in all of us, at least there is in our family. I made sure that I had my pint of Guinness before the sun set, so I shall be ready to run tomorrow. My blood will be fortified and full of energy! It's been a full week between running, sewing, baking and keeping up with everyday chores......



I'm quite excited to start working out in the yard and making our back deck into an oasis to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. I found two really nice lounge chairs with cushions, just what I had been looking for and on sale ta boot! Then today I picked up a wrought iron fire pit to warm up the evening air and roast marshmallows or hot dogs on! Hubs is going love that! Shhhhh....don't tell..... it's hidden in the garage! I was perusing the blogs this morning looking for inspiration and stumbled upon a deck that is similar in size to ours and loved how it was put together, and all the little knickknacks and doodads, well you know me ......started plotting, the decor and what needs to be planted and painted! Yup bought a couple of handy dandy spray paint cans at the local CT and we're in business!

I've worn out the blade on my rotary cutter because of all the squares of fabric I cut out today, holy guacamole! Yes sireeee...... wait till you see this random piece of art! All my scraps of fat quarters that I didn't really have any plans for........oh the possibilities! Make sure you buy extra blades for your rotary cutter Pam, you're going to need them! Well time for this lass to get her jammies on and drink her tea. Sue and I have another longish run planned for tomorrow, she's going to kill me that girl! But 2 hours is the goal for the half on April Fool's Day! I may have to trail in behind her and let her bee line it to the finish line.....I'm not as young as I was you know!

Happy Daffy's

Purdy Purple, Yellow, and White Crocuses
 Yup! You gotta love the the first signs of Spring. Night all! Have wonderful sleep.......

No comments:

Post a Comment