Thursday, June 23, 2011

Whoa! Where did that week go..................???

Well I did have good intentions of writing a few things this week but darn it all! I missed it. And not because I have been lazy......no sirreeee Bob! The hubs is slowly on the mend, so I have been in charge of mowing the lawns....and well I have to do it just right apparently......Like I don't.....pfffffff....then I started all these little sewing projects and crochet projects, because I thought I was getting behind on things for our table in the Fall. So I made a couple of Kobo/Kindle carrying pouches......in between "aprons" of course. Trish and I have had a couple of longish runs this week and back in the pool. Last Saturday we did a 15km run and I thought I had done myself in...... but I was okay on Monday to go out running again so we found a nice loop but toooooo many hills! Yikes! They are a killer. Then on Wednesday we just did our usual run.......she said they both were not good runs.....but I seemed to be okay. Touch wood. I know I am about a 15km girl and I can't push it right now.....but I need to be well rested so that when I get home in August, I will be able to train up for the Kelowna Half Marathon. I am looking forward to it so I really need to be careful......

According to the calender it is suppose to be summer now........I think it has by-passed us this year. Sad.....well with any luck it will appear after Friday when summer vacation starts. At this rate the grass will be a foot high and I will need a couple of goats. I picked up a couple of plants at the nursery on Sunday, a dark red Peony, not sure of the name off hand but I have been looking for one forever, and also two yellow roses. One is a Persian Yellow and the other is a Topaz Jewel so now is the dilemma of hmmmmm......where shall I make a new flower bed(s)??? Ripping up some more lawn! Ya baby!....As it stands now there are sections of our back lawn that needed an overhaul. So making a flower bed shouldn't be a big deal.....it's just putting it in the right spot.

Red Peony


Topaz Jewel


Persian Yellow


I really liked this saying when I saw it......and honestly just think of the mess when you're done. It's just too exhausting. So the Happy Dance will be starting at three tomorrow......everybody get your shoes ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment