Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall at Last!

When things return to normal (LOL) around here after the summer, I cannot wait to put out my Fall decorations. I don't like Halloween as my friends will attest too, but I do love the colors of Autumn. So today I put the finishing touches on our family room, and whipped up a Fall pillow. Not to mention I found this wild color of orange I just had to paint the coffee table.....after all it is only paint. The label says it is "Antique Red" but I'll be a monkeys aunt if that's red. But even the Hubs said he liked it......I must be rubbing off on him after all this time! Poor guy! So that has been my project this weekend. Have a look see and see what you think!

It's not red in my books more like a burnt orange or rust, I painted the stars to match and the peonies were bought that way.

I know!  I have never seen peonies this color either, but it works.


The once was blue, then red, then black, now antique red star.
Tablescape


Ahhhhh, jellied pumpkins..........yum!


The token Scarecrow, and the berries in the cement leaf bowl are the "most" amazing apple pie fragrance from J.J. Springer, oh my goodness they smell good enough to eat.

Then today I searched "The Graphic Fairy" for a pumpkin image that I could transfer some how onto a pillow but to no avail. So finally I found this image and just free handed it onto .....of course drop cloth. I think it looks quite beautiful.



So that's it, that's all for today. Yesterday was spent doing the neighbourhood garage sale and I will say now it is the last one I am doing ever.  Did I mention I do not like garage sale-ing.....I now know why. Oh Lordy!
Anyway my crafting today and the peace and solitude of the afternoon went hand in hand . It was a wonderful day start to finish, even if I jammed cause of rain this morning and didn't run. I will make up for it tomorrow. And yes!! I am made out of sugar! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment