Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cleaning Up



I finally found a few minutes when it wasn't snowing, hailing, or raining to get out and "fluff" my flower beds and take out the winter kill. It was quite lovely the evening I was out there and when you start raking and picking weeds it doesn't take long to warm up. Bits and pieces of plants are starting to poke their sprouts through the cold earth. I put out my new solar lights. They are quite cute and really bright at night. The flowers beds are very boring at this point but at least they are ready for planting. Thanks Susan.



Then the weekend began, of course the highlight started on Thursday when my son came home for the weekend. Granted I haven't seen a lot of him but would you like to hang out with your parents or go see your friends. That's a no brainer! But I have had glimpses of him. He has gained weight, filled out, and put on muscle. I have an example of that also. Too funny.



So I went to Home Depot to look for garden doors and try to figure out which style I would like to go with. Darn kids! Oh well, they were old,ugly and hard as the dickens to open, so it was time.

Then we had a dinner for Babe, it was her birthday. Today that is, and this was yesterday. Lots of turkey and cake were eaten. I thought she would like the mushroom solar lights for her garden too. Happy Birthday Leanne. Hope you had a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment