Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sailing.................................
Well, it's not far down to paradise, at least it's not for me
And if the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility
Oh, the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.

It's not far to never-never land, no reason to pretend
And if the wind is right you can find the joy of innocence again
Oh, the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.

Sailing takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

Fantasy, it gets the best of me
When I'm sailing
All caught up in the reverie, every word is a symphony
Won't you believe me?

Well it's not far back to sanity, at least it's not for me
And if the wind is right you can sail away and find serenity
Oh, the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.


The "Kitty"


I know you recognize this song.......Christopher Cross, what year I cannot tell you. But it seems to come to mind quite often these days....possibly because I'm am still thinking we need to build an ARK! You know..... would it be too much to ask for a hot, dry summer! Instead of a soggy wet one AGAIN! I know there are places out there that would dearly love some of this rain but seriously I am not one of them!

Today is our Grand Opening at the SPLATTERS Paint/Decor store, so hopefully it clears up SOON!

Newest addition to my fleet line

A little more decked out for the open seas

I thought this is appropriate for the day

My poor drowned Peonies......

The roses are starting to bud out! Yea!

Countdown to the Half Marathon next weekend, Sue and I did our last long run on Thursday, 17km.....so this week we will do just short runs and rest.....then we've decided to take it easy for a few weeks and our goal is 10km runs and then the Coho Run in September.....at least that's what we are telling ourselves now.

I'm excited for our Grand Opening today so please, please, please somebody to a Sunshine dance for me and pray for clear skies, BBQ-ing in the rain does not sound like a fun day! Have a great weekend! And a Great Father's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment