Sunday, May 16, 2010

Picking the Theme

After much ado about what color should I do this summer in the flower beds, I decided to just give up trying and go all pink. Trish and I discussed this on our Wednesday run and since we aren't neighbors I decided one color is just fine. She is doing all pink too. I know it's not very imaginative but I have other colors going on with perennials, pinks, purples, yellow, white so instead of trying to matchey match, pink all over is what it's going to be. It's just pretty! It has been so nice all week, and the plants have really taken off and the lawn is filling in very nicely. My lawn boy takes a lot of pride in his yard, so it doesn't take much for him to get on board with the flower beds and gardens. I spent a few hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday, edging flower beds and pulling a few weeds, and paid dearly for it afterwards. Gardening-back-bending, not a good thing for "moi". Still have a few edges to finish but another day.



So between working and visiting the flower shops all week it hasn't left me much time to do anything else. I have a few projects on the go at the moment but they aren't ready for the big reveal. Trish and I can 3 days this week and spent two days at the pool. This morning even at 7:30 it was way to warm for what I was wearing, note to self, make sure you have shorts and short sleeves available for the days ahead. There will be no running for the next 4 days, Trish is going away on a course and I am too sick to be going to the pool. I thought at first it was allergies but no it is a full blown head cold not a pretty sight....

This is the life I want.....



Nice isn't it, just lay around, someone feeds you, gives you a cuddle now and then. Yes, I am coming back a cat!

So far I have picked up quite a few pink geraniums, pink and white impatiens's, white pansies, a pink Astilbe, and a few veggies, and herbs.



Well that's it for me today, I am done and ready for bed. Hopefully I am feeling better tomorrow.....night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment