Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A very full weekend....

I have no idea where the weekend went but before I knew it, it was Monday morning and I felt like I needed a vacation from my life! It was a good busy but busy non the less. Hokey Doodle! Jane was home on the weekend so I knew there were a bunch of things I wanted to get down for her and Kait before she went back home. There was cooking to do, baking, and a couple of crafts , to be made. the plan had been that she was going to come home more towards her birthday and being the procrastinator that I am I thought I still had a few weeks to get everything done. So I am my own worst enemy. But I got it all done and more to boot!

Kait's wreath


Jane's wreath


The Baking...................


The Cooking..................


The cutest little Christmas trees

Bags of assorted Christmas goodies

So we had a few yummy meals that were planned ahead, although I think we missed the lemon meringue pie...oh well maybe next time. We did a little shopping but nothing I had to have for myself. I did want to find a new pair of jeans but it wasn't to be. Jane's back has been paining her for a good month or more more, hopefully with a little more rest she will be mended. Not fun I know that for sure.

I 've been having a creative block. I'm not sure where it went but I'm hoping to get some inspiration and to get motivated soon. I think I burnt myself out in the summer. The wreaths turned out especially pretty....I think. I love it when things come together. It seems so rare at the moment!

Running has been good. Saturday we did 13 km, as last weekend the 16km did me in and that was the last thing I needed this weekend. Monday, as we were heading towards the bridge a snow storm came upon us and lasted about 10 minutes. Yikes too soon! The snowflakes we blinding. The cold has been a bit much so I am thinking I will have to wear more clothing from now on and the shorts are put away till the temperature goes above 0'C. Well that's it for today. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment