Thursday, November 4, 2010
Some Things I Know For Sure
I’m not sure if it is the season and the time of year, or if it’s my age ( quit smirking) that's making me more reflective. But these past few weeks I have noticed that I've been a little more in tune with my thoughts and feelings about life. I know…..deep eh? I think its because when your kids leave home and you finally have time to do the things that you have put off because of raising kids, keeping, house, working and just general running around with your head cut-off, you can breathe deeper.
So I have been thinking about some of the things I know for sure:
1. Life does not slow down because you don’t have time to do everything.
2. Just because your kids are young adults doesn’t mean they still don’t need you
3. Eating too much gives you a stomachache
4. Drinking too much gives you a headache
5. Staying up too late makes you grouchy
6. I love reading, knitting, running, sewing, crafting
7. I love the smell of Autumn leaves
8. I love the air after a rainfall
9. I really don’t like water running but I do it.
10. Friends are important
11. Talking to your mom everyday is a gift
12. Missing your kids is normal
13. Messy kitchens drive me crazy
14. Chocolate is a good pick me upper
15. Red wine tastes better than white again
16. Comfortable shoes are a must with all outfits
17. A feather bed is heaven at the end of the day
18. Rainy days are to be enjoyed
19. Baking is good for the soul
20. A hug anytime makes you feel all warm and fuzzy
21. I love peace and quiet
22. Don’t take your life for granted, it can be over all too soon.
23. Do what you love and love what you do.
24. Take solace in your surroundings
25. Laughing is more fun than crying but both are cleansing
Well that about covers some of the things. I know I could find a few more but really that’s enough to make up your own list and to think of things that are important in your life. Have a great night!
Posted by Gail