Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Value of Friendship

I recently had a visit from a couple of friends whom I've known for years and it always amazes me the value of true friends. The hubs and I had the pleasure of an afternoon coffee with a friend from our old home town, Sharon and her sisters, Pat, Carol, Diane, and their mom Irene. What a great visit we had! Sharon and I lived close and often spent time together doing crafts in our weekly "Stitch and *itch Evenings" with a few of our other close friends. It was like time had stood still, a true friend is that person when time and distance do not matter.

The Heart Of Friendship

© Sandra L. Pierce
The bond of friendship is everlasting
True friends never say good-bye
There is pure truth between us
That will never die
The miles between will be rough
So carry the memories with you
Because the power of friendship
Will always carry you through
Remember, never forget
To follow what's in your heart
Because true friends
Will never be apart
We will soon see each other again
Our Lord will keep us strong till then
My heart holds you deep as friend
Praying that the Lord brings you home again
The Lord will comfort my heart
Washing away the ache with the tears that I cry
So I will say see you soon
And never good-bye

Then no sooner had Sharon and her family had left I went to pick up a dear friend from the ferry for a few days of girl time. Julie and I have been friends for 14-15 years, our boys played sports together and were partners in crime. I think if she hadn't help me with my son at times, I could have been in trouble. She has three sons!
 
So we spent a few days hanging out and I refreshed her memory on how to crochet. She's a smart cookie to catch on so quick. It's really hard to teach someone how to crochet because I'm a doer and I had to let her do it herself and not just take over! lol! It's always bitter sweet to say good-bye to a friend, but that's when you realize, it's not "Good-bye" but "See you soon!"
 
Sharing good times with good friends is the greatest joy. This is the stuff that makes life worthwhile. Whether sharing a meal together or a good conversation, there is nothing more fulfilling then spending time with friends. We must be thankful for the friendships that come our way for not all are blessed with the skills to form deep relationships. Those of us that do have friends must never take for granted the gift bestowed upon us.
So that has been my week, I am truly blessed to have so many good, good friends in my life. Time and distance just don't exist with true friends. So to all my dear friends, near and far, even if we do not speak for days, or months, just know that I value our time we had and your friendship is near and dear to my life.
 
Have a great week! Take time for yourself and reflect on the good things in your daily lives.

1 comment: