Saturday, October 5, 2013

On lighter side..............

Let's talk dessert! Who doesn't like dessert? Okay I have to admit, I am guilty of hardly EVER making anything in that department.......my kids and the hubs never requested dessert so it wasn't something I ever got into, but I do love making desserts and it loves me too, too much! So I refrain but I know lots that do and I am even willing to give this one a try because it is my favourite part of Fall. You got it! Pumpkin something!

This recipe is from the blog "I should be mopping the floor", Pumpkin Dump Cake. I changed it up a bit just so that its a little more heart healthy and it really doesn't need to be too sweet and buttery. Isn't that nice of me to think of your heart? Your welcome!

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE

 Y'ALL NEED:
  • 1 {15 oz.} can pumpkin
  • 1 {10 oz.} can of evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup white sugar 
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of butter, cut into pats
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
DIRECTIONS:

I always start out by breaking up my eggs and their yolks before mixing anything else in.

After your eggs are sufficiently mixed, add your pumpkin, milk, sugar and pumpkin pie spice to this.

Mix well with a whisk to make sure everything is incorporated.
Pour this mixture into a greased or sprayed 9x13 pan.

Now, dump your cake mix on top {hence the name...a lot of dumping going on}.
Spread it out to cover all of the pumpkin mixture.

Sprinkle your walnuts or pecans on top.

Dot the entire thing with butter.

Pop into a pre-heated 350-degree oven and bake for 50 minutes.

OM Gosh now serve with vanilla ice cream! And enjoy!


A week from Monday is our Thanksgiving in Canada so some of the kids and partners are coming home for the weekend and we are having our first family dinner at my mom's new house! Should be lots of fun! Its time I got out the Fall décor and put up a few pumpkins and gourds. Time to get crafty! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment