Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Here it is yet again.... the end of a month that has whizzed by faster than I care to think ABOUT. Is it our age that makes time fly, or is it our busy lives, that one day turns into the next? I don't know, but it is disturbing at times. On the plus side, only a few more months till our son is home! YEA! And that, I am very thankful for. Without the aid of modern technology, I am sure this past 5 months would have been unbearable not hearing from him or knowing that he is healthy and somewhat safe, if that is even conceivable with where he is at......but it is, what it is......Be safe my son........

Happy Halloween to all of you Halloween lovers! Me not so much......seriously it's not even about cute and funny anymore, so therefore I dislike it even more than ever.....so don't mind me. But I do love pumpkins, so October and Thanksgiving are what I love about this time of year.

I have been incredibly busy these past few weeks. With working all last week, time was very limited for crafting or running. I only managed to get one run in last week, but I've been making up for it this week and I do believe I am back on track. The race weight is just about on target, thank you Haylie Pomroy, The Fast Metabolism Diet, couldn't have done it without you! The best diet ever, which I can't really say it is much of a diet, other than they tell you what you can and can't eat and duh! it is not rocket science but the chemistry of it all.

I did get the baby blankie finished and I LOVE it! It is so darn beautiful!

 
 
It is the perfect size for the cradle that I have, so into the hope chest it goes.

I have bought many fat quarters of baby flannel in pinks, yellows, greens, to start a rag quilt for Sophie. My goal is to get them cut into squares today between, my reflexology appointment and whatever gets thrown my way. I want to get it done this week to get it in the mail next week.......mmmmmm.... I wonder if I can take my sewing machine to work? Probably not going to happen, its been a tad busy these days, time to paint indoors people!

The latest batch of soap is a keeper and quite lovely. We were a little worried about the colors but really.....they are quite pretty and smell divine!

 
My inside joke was to send a batch of this to our hockey team (because they stink)since its their colors, but Torts is doing an amazing job of keeping these guys on a winning edge......oops ....I hope I haven't jinxed them! Keep up the great work Kes! He's one of my favourites!

Then there is this yummy looking grapefruit combination.....


And then there is the Sweet Orange............


Now I need to get started on a few hats for my GF Pam and her little grandsons.......never heard of these guys but apparently they are all the rage. Who knew!


You have to admit they are pretty darn funny, and I can sure see Lane and Kelson in these!

Well I have twisted your ear enough for one day. Hope your day is a fun one and you can do something that you truly love and enjoy! My foot reflexology is my indulgence....OMG! best thing ever! Gotta run! Be safe and take care!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog, Gail! Those soaps look wonderful.
    And by the way, I love the minion hats! My nephews dressed up as minions for Halloween and just looking at them in their ridiculous outfits made me laugh. :)
    Good luck with the race!
    Annie XO

    ReplyDelete