And just to be super nice, I found the recipe so you too can make some too.
Pumpkin Gingerbread Biscotti
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 4 ounces real white chocolate, chopped, or white candy melts
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar and baking powder on medium-high speed until the mixture falls in ribbons when you life out the whisk. Next, add in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and vanilla and whisk.
- Carefully fold in the flour.
- Shape the dough into a flat log about 3″ wide by 8″ long.
- Bake the flat log for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 300 degrees.
- Let the dough cool down for 15 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch slices. Put the slices on the baking sheet and bake for another 30 minutes, turning them over half way through.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip half of the biscotti into it. Sprinkle the walnuts on top. Lay them on wax paper until the white chocolate hardens and then serve.
My friend Julie is coming for a visit and crocheting lesson, so I think these will be a "good thing" for us to nibble on while we're crocheting.
I love the Fall so I'm looking forward to dressing for the cooler weather and the russet oranges and browns.......