Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Winging it Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! Mid-week, and back to work tomorrow. I've been pretty busy since the weekend, as always there is the grass to mow, and at the moment I am trying to design a front yard with less mowing. Of course, I am probably making more work with shrub beds but from a curb appeal point I just think it makes the yard look more interesting than just green......so we've picked up a few plants and being perennials there isn't much maintenance to them other than keeping them pruned so they don't get out of control here in the rainforest!

I'd also like to implement a dry river bed but that would mean hauling in tons of rock and I am pretty sure the Hubs isn't going to be on board with that one! But wouldn't this be a fun feature!

 
 

I want a bridge too! That I can do myself but hauling all this rock could take me years.....so maybe I can do the flower bed with rocks around it and put the bridge over the ditch.....I don't know but I've always wanted one so we'll see what we can figure out. How about a pond? Steve would love a pond.........here fishy, fishy!

But today I am feeling a little guilty (just a little) about not cooking anything of any interest lately. To tell the truth, food is just food and a source of energy but really...... I need a chef to decide my meals for me.  Because I'd rather be doing something creative, gardening, working out, even baking but making meals.......blah!

But I do like salads and I am a good cook but man can not live on salad alone. (this woman can, but not a man) At least not my man.....not that he would complain too loudly but he likes his man food. But tonight I am making something I adore! My favourite of all time!

Spinach Salad
 
What you'll need:
  • Chicken
  • Fresh spinach
  • Carrots
  • Cucumber
  • Green peppers
  • Broccoli
  • Strawberries (feel free to add other fresh or dried fruits)
  • Avocado
  • Goat cheese (optional)
  • Your favorite dressing
I think there's a lot of goodness in this salad and it says "yummy". So that's tonight's dinner.......

Now I need to get a move on and get some groceries and head to the wood yard to pick up a few pieces of lumber to make my next project. Stay tuned, and remember the dog with the bone? She's on a mission!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment