Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Last of 2011......

I know...... I've been off the grid for 10 days but they have been a busy 10 days but I'm hoping that things will slow down here in a week. The revolving door started last week, and Christmas, it has been a very busy week. Our daughter Kait arrived on the 23rd to spend Christmas with us and my brother and sister-in-law and mother. We had seven for Christmas dinner and I'm amazed we all fit in the dining room. But you know it was alright and I know if we had all been home, 8 would have been great! But when Kait left on the 27th, Jane arrived and we got to have Christmas all over again, albeit the food. Sooooo done with food! There was a total array of baking, thanks Mom! Because I certainly didn't get very much done. The gluten free shortbread turned out very good! And the gluten free Gingerbread Biscotti is very yummy......so those recipes will stick around for a while.

.
Rockstart meets Jane, pink, pink!

Kait checking out the pizza order form, mmmmmm no Gluten free!

Christmas Eve Dinner


My Momma and Me.
 Sooooo, when I'm 85, I hope I'm in as good of shape as she is.

My brother Glen, and Me!
 I don't remember when I have seen him so much!

Kait and myself on Christmas Eve

Jane and Daniel at Pender Harbour for brunch


It hasn't been much fun for the son, I am afraid .......with no friends in this area, he is a little isolated. And a tad bored. But he will be well rested when he goes back to base, and with hope a few pounds heavier......eating is not a problem. So I am sure he will be glad to go back to his routines and buds. Things change when you in a different direction than all your friends from high school, some friends you keep and some are left behind


I got a new laptop from the Hubs, so I've been learning how it works and trying a new photo shop program and well.........it takes me a while to get the hang of things but now I think I can keep this ball rolling. So onwards, Happy New Year to everyone and all the Best for 2012! I miss you my friends, I miss my running buddies, I wish you could all be here with me but with the new age keeping in touch has never been easier......but it's not the same as dropping in for a coffee, or running around town and then having coffee at Tim's .........so in the meantime it's just adjusting.....too many things.....but I do love my new house and it's smallness. It's very cleansing getting rid of "stuff". I cannot wait to get started on my studio. With all that's gone on in the last two months some down time is going to be heaven. So for the last post of 2011, may you all have a wonderful weekend with family and friends, be happy, be safe and see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment