Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's a Special Day

Well seems that I have gotten behind on the week but then getting the plague does that to a person. As hard as I tried I couldn't seem to hold it off. Usually, if I catch it soon enough I can out run it but I must have been low in my immunity and Wham! So needless to say this week has been pretty much of a write off. Last night I woke up and coughed myself into a full blown head cold.....good thing I don't have anything pressing this weekend. A box of Kleenex and I should be set for the couch.:(
Today is my son's 21st birthday, and I hopefully will talk to him later on today.

The girls are home and waiting to leave for Thailand on Sunday.Of course Tor is going with them. To say they are excited would be an understatement. They have all their things packed and have gotten all there ducks in a row. Just a few little things to tie up today.


I thought today I would finally get some of the photos of Montreal put together so here are a few of the Notre Dame Basilica, my goodness it is a beautiful church.

I took quite a few of the inside of the church because I probably will never get back there. The ornate cravings and the stained glass are really something to behold. The craftsmanship from the 1800's I believe is disappearing. It may be alive and well in Europe but I don't think the young people of today's generation have the patience it takes to make such works of art.


Montreal is an amazing city, I really would like to go back there one day in the summer and be able to go around to the different parts of Old Montreal, the buildings are incredible and I didn't get to see my fill. So I definitely will have to work on that one. Have a good weekend everyone! And I hope I am feeling better soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment