Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ran into a bit setback.........

Sunday was our usual day to go for our group run so Sue and I thought we'd take an easier route with Ingrid.........I probably should have gone the longer, harder route and maybe it wouldn't have happened at least that's what the guys were telling me. .......because I didn't get very far before I did slight roll of the foot and ended up fracturing my metatarsal bone. Yup.... certainly has thrown a wrench into my running for the summer. Seven weeks I will be off the doc figures. Still haven't figured out how I managed to do it. but when I did I sure knew it! OMGosh! I have never broken a bone before, so I was a little shocked at the pain involved but its already getting better just don't put any pressure on it and its all good!

Afternoon of accident at friends for BBQ, no plaster cast just an air cast so it can come off and on when needed. Quite stylish don't you think?

I'm afraid a few of my projects are going to take a back seat since a few entailed a ladder, so I think for the next few days or weeks, I will spend painting cement leaves and doing some sit down projects!

Our gardens are growing like crazy! The beans are reaching for the clouds already and I ate my first pea pod today.









I think we should be eating fresh veggies very soon. The kale is ready, also the beets are starting to poke through.


I love these white roses, I think they are my favourite color.


The African violets are doing fabulous, I think they like this window.


I've never been able to grow lavender and now I have three types, they smell divine. I hope I can dry the flowers and use them in our soap making........

 
This hydrangea was one that my mom bought me a year ago for Easter and I can't believe its come back to life, I had almost given up on it, I guess it wanted to be in the ground instead of a pot.
 
Well I hope you liked the garden tour, everything grows amazingly well here and I find it very full-filling gardening in such a great climate. What a great change seeing things grow overnight! Time to go to bed, I picked up three new novels Nora Roberts-The Witness, Lee Child- a Jack Reacher Novel- A Wanted Man, and The Unfinished Garden by Barbara Claypole Whyte, so I think I am set for a few weeks.
Have a good evening........................ciao
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment