Thursday, December 20, 2012

Things that make you go "hmmmm"

We are taught from the time we are born to conform. To conform to current and conventional views. We are discouraged from taking risks and encouraged to follow the proven path. In many ways we have been taught to follow, rather than lead. We've been encouraged to look at the stars rather than reach for them. Yet inside each of us there exists a unique and authentic light, a set of beliefs that when followed.....gives us a sense of purpose and ignites the human spirit. We are all free spirits but at times we get so caught up in our everyday lives, we forget that each and everyone of us are unique in our own way. So as you go about your holiday preparations, take time to reflect and make memories that you will cherish in years to come. Whether its playing games with your children or reading their favourite stories or making a batch of cookies together. You can never get these days back........ so enjoy your time with family and remember to be thankful for your time together.......

I know a little deep but hey tomorrow is suppose to be the end of the world, and not that I think it is going to happen, but there's always a chance that something could happen that will change our lives substantially...............so take care of yourselves.

I've been better the last couple of days, so I did some major cooking yesterday.....tiring for sure, but the smells coming from the kitchen were incredible.

I have been making these boot cuffs and finished one pair and my model thinks they are very cute.


 
These are quite simple........ once I figured out the pattern of sorts, because well conforming isn't my strong point. But they are fairly similar to the original pattern. Lol! So out of one ball..... I should get 2 pairs of boots cuffs. Nice little stocking stuffers........now my next  project after the New Years is going to be buttons. That's right, you heard right.......don't you find its really hard to find funky buttons? I like ones that are a little out of the ordinary, so I think I will try making my own out of clay. I have a stash of Fimo and Sculpey clay from days gone by, so if it is any good I will do a few test runs and see what happens. This is what I have in my mind.... similar......at least.



Well yesterday was our day for a wintery blast but its been raining now quite steadily, so for the most part, the snow is gone. Phew! Thought I was going to have to break down and get out a shovel! Well onward with the day! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment