I followed Freckled Laundry's tutorial (cause I'm not good with tutorials, I skip too many steps!) and a few other girls and how they did theirs, the first step was the Primer.....I used STIX cause it dries in 3 hours and I could do another coat and then I let it cure for 24 hours. Even the primer looked good and so I knew I was going in the right direction.
|Almost forgot the "before"|
|The best primer for this job|
|The "finished" counters|
Next on the horizon is the flooring and as I type the guys are "floating" the floor, leveling and smoothing it in preparation for the new lino.......That photo will come tomorrow. So I have been crazy busy, and with working 4 days a week, things aren't getting done. I have a few projects that "HAVE" to get done ASAP. Now with these "painted" coounters, I used a heavy duty polyurethane(waterborne) that dries clear and hard, hard! It's used on gymnasium floors so I am hoping it will stand up for a few years then who knows maybe we will do all the counters but one step at a time girl! Well time for me to get busy with a project that is calling my name. Cia for now! Have a great sunny day!