Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

My, my but doesn't time just whizz by! Well my weekend has been very busy. The BMO Okanagan Marathon was this past weekend in Kelowna and I had entered into the half marathon.....no not the full as I have a desire to live beyond the moment! On Friday, a group of us girls drove to Kelowna, Tanya, and Paige were running the full marathon and Joanne and I were doing the half. Susan my neighbor also came but she drove down with the family to spend Thanksgiving with her mom and sister and families. It was an awesome weekend ! The weather was perfect for running, cool and just a little sun, we did have a few sprinkles of rain during the run but they didn't amount to anything. We were actually happy to have a bit of rain to cool us down a bit. Susan was my running partner for the half and was there solely to make sure I had a good run and mission was accomplished, we did the half in 1:58 ....so not too bad for my first half. I did train somewhat but I didn't really follow any specific plan, other than running as many days as my feet would allow. Joanne taped my feet the morning of the race and I was happy that she did. I had "happy" feet! My plantar fasciitis didn't bother me one bit......and I finished in the my range of 2 hours. Course finishing the 2 minutes earlier made me feel pretty good.


Dr. Morgan applying tape to re-enforce support on the arches of my feet.
 
Just hanging out till our time to race.


My marathon running partner, Susan who literally
yelled at me to "giver" the last half km, for which I am very
"thankful" or I would not have been under the two hour mark!

Me and the Girls after a very long day arriving home very late and
very tired and sore. But a very successful weekend full of PR's for everyone.

Joanne just chilling waiting for the mad shopper to return!

Tanya, worn out from Friday and spent the Saturday resting her legs for Sunday, she is now qualified to run The Boston Marathon in 2013. Way to go "T"!!!!!!!
 On the Friday night when we arrived, of course,  had to do a little shopping.......Lululemon here we come! Did I happen to mention what a "Shopaholic" Little Miss Paigey Lou is? Oh my goodness, and you thought I was bad. No siree! This girl is the winner! She managed to wear out Tanya Friday and then Saturday was full on again. Joanne and I burnt out real quick. So we tagged along and I tried to keep her under control! No minor feat let me tell you! Her husband should be thankful that I was there to keep him out of the poor house. What a girl! She is soooooo funny! And did I mention she ran the full marathon in 3:20. Yup 2nd overall!

That's our Paige in the center. Yea Paige! Good Job!
We also have a new marathoner in the works. Susan's son, Quin,11 ran his first big race doing 5km in 26 minutes. Way to go Quin! Awesome run! His feet were flying!

Quin with his Mom


Quin flying down the pipe to the finish!

The boy with his "Bling"
 So that was my weekend. Very busy and now I am very tired. Back to work tomorrow. To top off the weekend, the Hubs and I went to his sisters and enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner. Thanks Leanne for a wonderful meal! Well that's it, that's all for tonight. Have a good sleep! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment