Monday, August 19, 2013

Starburst because I said.....

I know you've seen Sunbursts all over the stores and Pinterest, and I've been wanting one forever to go over my fireplace....so one day it was a little quiet at work so I started a project between customers. I got one of the guys to cut me a 6 inch circle out of a scrap of wood, and some heavy duty adhesive, similar to PL3000, 24 paint sticks, and a nail gun.........but near the end I needed to cover the center and I had thought another piece of wood.......but come on............we're in a paint store no a lumber yard..........a paint can lid! Perfect! A little hammered metallic paint and voila! This is a Starburst because its silver and I said so!

 
 
 
 
I love how it turned out and it is quite large 32 inches in diameter. It would fit perfect over my fireplace but I have a poppy picture that is beautiful, so dining room it is!

This month I am trying to finish up all my half done projects as Fall approaches I really need to get crocheting......so I am taking my cue from Thrifty Décor Chick and its a no spend month. That is going to be a test of wills let me tell you. Heading to the city and will check out the new yarns for the fall........but first there's some cement calling my name to be finished! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That is just beautiful!!! I am in awe of your talents ~ I would never have been able to make one of these. I had no idea that starbursts were in style but I can see why they are :)

    ReplyDelete